zInspector Report Customization
Global customization: Report settings that will apply to all reports generated across your zInspector account can be set by an Admin user here.
Report-specific customization: Once an inspection report has been submitted and uploaded from the app, you can customize it on the website per your preferences, for a specific purpose, or a particular recipient.
Summary tables, grid lines, and other options are available in addition to specialized report tools. To view the available customization options and other tools for any activity report, click on an activity in the Timeline. The Report Preview will open automatically. Select Options (at top) to customize the report.
In the Options menu popup, available selections may differ depending on several factors, such as the type of activity report you are viewing. All possible options are covered here. (Not seeing an option covered here that you think you need? Please let us know!)
Report Display Options
Only Media? Only photos are shown. Conditions & comments are hidden.
Show Grid? Grid-lines around report elements enhance visual structure.
Inline? Photos follow immediately after their associated area (rather than at the end).
Colors? Specific report elements display in color (rather than black & white).
Time Stamps? Photo timestamps are displayed beneath photos.
Location? Photo geotags are displayed beneath photos (if available).
Photo Links? Clickable html links to full-quality photos are provided.
Tenant Sig.? The tenant’s signature (taken during the inspection) is displayed.
Agent Sig.? The agent’s signature (taken during the inspection) is displayed.
Custom Order? Order inspection by Area Group values, rather than alphabetically.
PM Report Logo? Show the available company logo in the report heading.
PM Property Logo? Show the default property photo on the report heading.
Grid Lines Sample:
Visual structure can be added to a report with the inclusion of grid lines around report elements, giving any report a more defined layout.
Report Summary Table Options
- None Show no summary table at the top of the report.
- Damaged Show damaged items in the summary table.
- Action Items Show action items in the summary table.
- Damaged or Action Item Show damaged or action items (or both) in the summary table.
- Damaged and Action Item Show only those damaged items that have an associated action item in the summary table.
Summary Table sample:
Key inspection findings (damaged and/or action items) can be called out for emphasis at the beginning of the inspection report.
Report Span Settings
Span Settings tell zInspector which photos to include in your reports (more on Span Settings here).
Specialized Report Tools
At the lower-right side of the preview, you will see several buttons:
Select/Unselect All Pictures – Bulk select/deselect all photos present in the report (e.g., before generating a PDF).
Logs – Provides a log of all actions taken by each user for this report from start of the report activity to the current moment. Only available on Group or higher plan levels.
[Property Name] – Takes you to the property-specific dashboard, which displays a chronological gallery of all inspection activities and media thumbnails for the current property.
Share – Options here may first need to be enabled in Report Settings.
- Delete Activity/Inspection: permanently delete the current activity.
- Change Property: reassociate an inspection with a different property.
- Change Date: change the date of the inspection activity.
- Copy Condition Table: Convert a report from one type to another.
Options – Click here to open Options and access current report-specific customization settings.
What’s Next? After Customizing a Report
- Options: for primary report customization settings (covered above).
- Download: to download the report to your computer.
- Email/Distribute: to download the report to your computer’s native mail application; if none is available, it will simply download.
- XLS: to download spreadsheets associated with the report.
- ZIP: to email a folder containing the reports photos in original quality (see more on changes to “Download Zip” below).
- Share HTML: to send a report HTML link via email.
Changes to Download ZIP
Download ZIP is now just ZIP. The zipped folder of original-quality photos no longer downloads directly to your computer. Instead, it is sent to your default email address. Why? Because the new zInspector 3 app takes pictures and videos with much higher quality, the resulting zip file is now typically too large to generate within the memory of a browser window. If you prefer to download your Zip files in the legacy site (for inspections taken using the original app), you can do so, at least for the time being.