NEW: lots of new options including: Daily Reminders, BCC Copy of Tenant Communications, Customized Reply Address. Tenant Move-In Options
zInspector users can now invite their tenants to complete their own move-in inspections using our new app Tenant Move In! This feature is available to Business and Enterprise subscribers.
To invite your tenants to complete their own move in inspections, you will first need to log in to zInspector, then follow the steps below.
- Hover over “Advanced” and then click on “Leasing”. This will take you to your leasing page. Or, go to portfolio.zinspector.com/leasing/list/.
- If you have not created a lease for the given property yet, click on “Create Lease”. You will be prompted to enter lease-specific information including
– Property Address
– Rent Amount
– Lease Status (Is the property Listed, are the tenants Moving In, or Current tenants?)
– Lease Signature Status (Have all parties signed the lease? If not, this can be updated later.)
– Lease Start Date
– Lease End Date
– Any applicable comments (Optional.)
- Once you enter the lease-specific information, click on “Save and add Tenants” to add your tenant information. If your tenant information is already in zInspector, click “Add From Existing Tenants”. If not, click “Add New Tenant” to add the tenant-specific information (Name, Email Address, Phone Number, etc.).
- Once all tenants have been added, click Save to return to your Leasing page.
- You will now see the Lease and your Tenant(s) with the word “Invite” in parentheses next to their name. Click “Invite” to send each applicable tenant an email inviting them to use Tenant Move In to complete their move-in inspection.
- The tenant(s) will receive a welcome email with their login name and password. They will be prompted to download the Tenant Move In application and will be able to complete their own move-in inspection.
– Tenant Move In app is designed just like zInspector.
– The property areas that you define when adding each property will appear in the inspection template, just as they do in zInspector.
- Once the tenant has completed the inspection and signed it in the App, a copy of the Move-In report will be emailed to you (the property manager) and to the tenant. It will also appear on your timeline for the property at which that tenant resides.
- When the time comes for the tenant to move out, you can compare the move-out inspection you perform to the tenant’s original move-in inspection side by side using zInspector. Simply go to your timeline, https://portfolio.zinspector.com/timeline/, and click on the Move In/Out button and select the appropriate property and move in/out dates.
The app will save YOU time and document the condition of the property at move-in without even needing to go to the property.
For a quick-start guide to inviting your tenants to use the app, watch the video below!