During property inspections, you can enable zInspector’s Multi-shot app feature to take multiple photos, note conditions, and make comments—all on one screen.
How to Enable Multi-Shot on the Mobile App
Multi-shot is enabled in Settings on the zInspector app. (Note: This feature works best on iOS devices, such as iPad. Android performance, depending on the device, can vary greatly, and not all Android devices are supported.)
Turning Multi-Shot On/Off
Once enabled in Settings, you can typically switch back and forth between Multi-shot and Standard/Full/Classic zInspector camera modes easily.
Method 1: With Multi-shot enabled in settings, in Property Inspection mode on the zInspector app, simply toggle the Multi-shot option to ‘On’ and then tap an area or detail row’s Camera icon to take photos in multi-shot mode.
To return to Standard/Full/Classic mode, simply toggle Multi-shot to ‘Off.’
Method 2: With Multi-shot enabled in Settings but not toggled on in Property Inspection mode, tap and hold down the Camera icon in any area or detail row for two full seconds then release; the multi-shot mobile page will open. When you return to the inspection screen, notice that Multi-shot is now toggled on and the Camera icon has changed from a single camera to a stack of cameras to indicate the current mode setting.
To return to Standard/Full/Classic mode, again tap and hold down the Camera icon in any area or detail row for two full seconds then release; the standard photo mode screen will open.
Benefits of the Multi-Shot Feature
Below is a screenshot of the Multi-shot mobile page. The colored circles indicate different uses of the feature. A color key is provided below the screenshot.
- BLACK: Take multiple photos at a time to show different details of an area.
- BLUE: Change the Area or Detail associated with the photos using the drop-down menus below the camera button.
- GREEN: Quickly set conditions and note whether the pictured detail is damaged or in need of attention.
- RED: Use the textbox to write comments about the photos you take.
- PURPLE: View the gallery of previously taken photos.
- GREY: Instantly save all your pictures—and make sure all of them save before you exit the page.