The zInspector app’s flexible Photo Inspection tool lets you take photos for any Property and Activity. It’s a great tool for simple task documentation.
Perform a Photo Inspection Using the App
- Tap Photo Inspection on the main screen to go to the Photo Inspection screen.
- Tap on the Property drop-down menu at the top of the screen. Tap a property name to select the property for which you want to take photos.
- The Select an Activity button will now be available. Tap on the Select an Activity button and tap on the Activity type (such as Move In, Move Out, or Maintenance) for which you want to take photos.
- The Areas and Actions fields become available once you have selected an Activity type (and similarly the Details field becomes available once you have specified an Area). Filling in these attributes to give your photos context.
- You can add Comments to your photos by tapping on the Comments Box and typing or using Smart Comments.
- After providing context for the photo, tap the camera button on the lower half of the screen. (In this mode, we recommend making any comments before taking the photo).
- Your phone’s default camera app will open. Take the desired photo, retake as necessary and accept the photo when satisfied (for example, on an iPhone press Use Photo).
- Once taken, the photo will queue for upload in the background.
- Tap Previous Photos to see the recent photos you’ve taken with the zInspector app. After a photo has cleared the queue, it is available to view and edit on the website (through your web or mobile browser).
- Tap on the Main Menu button at the top of the screen to exit the Photo Inspection screen.
Photo Inspection Activity Tips:
- Giving a Tenant Notice? Select “Notices” for the “Activity” and take a photo of a notice you posted on the front door. Now you will have a time-stamped, user-stamped, GPS-location stamped report documenting that the notice was officially given.
- Keeping Tabs on Your Agents? Select “Leasing” for the “Activity” and have your agent take a photo every time they visit a property. Now you will know exactly when the agent was there each time they visited the property.