Property Management Inspections enable you as a Property Manager to conduct and document a full property inspection with ease. Your photos and comments upload to our servers for storage and future access, and they appear on a generated PDF report.
Perform a Property Management Inspection Using the App
Create a New Inspection
- From the main screen, tap on Property Management Inspection.
- Tap on the Select a Property/Unit drop-down and tap on the property to be inspected. You can tap on the search bar above the drop-down to filter and narrow results or create a new property using the + New button.
- Notice that if you have unfinished inspections for a property, the Inspections in Progress drop-down will appear. If you’d like to continue an in-progress inspection, tap the Inspections in Progress drop-down; if you’d like to start a new inspection, tap the + New button instead.
- Choose an Inspection type: Pre-Inspection, Move In, Move Out, or Inspection.
- You can add a list of tenants present at the inspection (optional).
- If tenants are Contacts associated with the Property, a list of tenants will be available to add via tap. (The email address for any tenant Contact(s) marked present at an inspection will be automatically included later in the completed inspection report).
- Remember to separate names by commas.
- Tap Continue to proceed to the Inspection
Resume a Paused Inspection
- From the main menu, tap on Property Management Inspection.
- If any paused Inspections are present, the Inspections in Progress drop-down will be displayed. Tap on the Inspections in Progress drop-down to bring up a list of paused Inspections. Tap on the inspection you’d like to resume.
Perform an Inspection
Move In, Move Out, and Inspection
- All Details on the property must be given a status of New, Satisfactory, or Damaged, or else be excluded from the inspection.
- Assign status to a Detail by tapping on the N (New), S (Satisfactory), or D (Damaged) Icons for that Detail’s row.
- Use the ALL buttons at the top of each Area module to assign a single status of New, Satisfactory, or Damaged to an entire Area.
- If you wish to exclude a Detail or entire Area from the Inspection, tap the row’s leftmost X button to toggle exclusion of the item. Notice that the excluded Area or Detail will darken. To include the item again, simply tap the same exclusion toggle button.
- Take photos for each Area (good for a general overview) or Detail (best for specific problems or conditions) by tapping on the Camera Icon.
- Take video for each Area (an overview) by tapping on the Video Icon.
- Add Comments for each Detail by tapping on the Comments Icon and using Smart Comments.
- Add Action Items for each Detail by tapping on the ! (Exclamation Mark) icon.
- Add Additional Comments to the entire inspection.
- Add Final Comments to the entire inspection.
- Add email addresses to send the report to others.
- Require Signatures by checking the boxes for Tenant and/or Inspector.
- When finished, tap Final/Submit to gather any signatures and queue the Inspection Report.
- Check your email for the report or find it in your portfolio.
NOTE: If at any time you need to put your inspection on hold for a later time, press the Pause button in the top menu bar. (See the section above to Resume a Paused Inspection).
The right to a Pre-Inspection is required in California, but this type of inspection is very useful to any property manager, who can use it as an opportunity to plan for repairs prior to a tenant moving out.
- Tap to check the boxes which apply: Cleaning Likely, Critical Repairs Likely, etc.
- Add comments for each potential action item requested.
- Take photos at the Pre-Inspection by tapping on the Camera icon. This will bring up a Photo Inspection with the relevant Property and Activity so that photos taken will be included in the report.
- Many property managers give tenants a Move-Out Preparation document. Tap to check “Provided Tenant with Move Out Instructions” to confirm this has been done.
- When finished, tap Final/Submit to queue the Pre-Inspection Report.