Propertyware users can now sync their properties with their zInspector account. Follow the video and steps outlined below to take advantage of this exciting new feature!
Propertyware sync is available only to Business (and equivalent or higher tier) account holders.
Note: Admin permissions in zInspector and Propertyware are required to perform the sync process.
Before you begin the Propertyware sync:
1) Review your default areas for single-family and multi-unit properties in zInspector.
- Go to Settings > Area Details.
- Toggle to enable/disable default areas (rooms, etc) for both single family (left column) and multi-unit (right column) properties. Think of these as your “lowest common denominator” areas for newly created zInspector properties. Defining these prior to adding many properties via sync will save you time editing the areas on a property by property basis later.
2) Ensure that System is set as a default area for single-family properties. This step must be performed by an Admin user:
- In the Edit Area Details table, find Systems in the Area List column.
- If the Default for Single Family? toggle is disabled for Systems, enable it.
You can now proceed with the Propertyware sync.
To sync your properties with zInspector, log into Propertyware and create a Custom Unit Directory Report.
1. Start by clicking Reports > Property Reports > Units. (Don’t see the Units report here? Don’t worry, just proceed to the next step).
2. Click New Report, expand Property Reports, and click on Units.
3. Name the report “zInSync” and click Apply.
You now have a Unit Directory Report. You will need to customize the Building and Unit Characteristics.
4. Check all the boxes listed below:
BUILDING SUMMARY (17 total)
- Building Abbreviation
- Building Address
- Building Address Cont
- Building Address Validation
- Building Amenities
- Building Category
- Building City
- Building Country
- Building County
- Building ID Number
- Building Lease Terms Code
- Building Lease Terms Name
- Building Name
- Building State
- Building Zip
- Last Modified
- Property Type
UNIT SUMMARY (18 total)
- Last Modified
- Monthly Rent
- Target Deposit
- Total Area
- Unit Abbreviation
- Unit Address
- Unit Address Cont
- Unit Address Validation
- Unit City
- Unit Name
- Unit State
- Unit Zip
- Vacated Date
5. Once all specified boxes have been checked, click Save to save the report.
6. Click Publish to publish the report.
7. You can then click on Publish again to get the API / Individual Access. Copy the API link and then log into your zInspector account.
To set up the integration:
8. Go to Settings > Accounting Integration and select PW for Propertyware.
9. For the Link, click Add / Change and paste in the API link. Click OK.
10. Create a Map (to match Propertyware to zInspector types) by clicking the corresponding Change button.
11. Specify your preferred naming Options for your property names by clicking the corresponding Change button.
12. Click Enable. Your browser should refresh momentarily. If it does not do so after a minute or two, feel free to Refresh the page manually.
13. Once enabled, click Sync. After a short wait (up to several minutes) you will see the date and time of your first sync. Congrats!
Note: Once set up, all future changes to property data should be made in Propertyware, not in zInspector. zInspector syncs with Propertyware several times throughout the day; however, you can force a sync to see any recent Propertyware changes immediately in zInspector: just click Sync Now!
If you are having trouble with the sync process, zInspector can help. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Now that your properties / units are in sync, you need to follow a similar process to sync your tenants.