A note before you begin:
Here we cover customization of zInspector reports using the legacy zInspector website.
For info on customizing reports on the new website, see this article.
zInspector Report Customization
Once you have submitted a report on the zInspector app, you can customize on the website per your preferences, for a specific purpose, or a particular recipient.
To view the available customization options for any activity report, click on an activity in the Timeline, and click Edit/View Report. The report preview will open (see screenshot below).
In the report preview, you can customize the current report. The PDF preview will update dynamically based on any available customization you apply. Once you are satisfied with your customized report you can click one of the following buttons as needed:
- Download PDF – Download a PDF of the current report to your computer to email, store, or upload elsewhere as needed.
- Download / Email – Download and attach the current report to an email. This only works if you have a default mail application installed on your computer; otherwise, this works in the same way as the Download PDF button.
- Cancel / Close – Closes the report preview and returns you to Activity view.
- PM Report (XLS) – Generates a generic Itemized Deposition of Security Deposit form in Excel spreadsheet format. You must customize, enter, and specify/confirm correct numeric (monetary) values and other information, as needed.
- Download Zip – Downloads a Zip folder containing the inspection report and full resolution photos for the current activity (as detailed in this article).
Report Customization Options
Depending on the activity type, your report preview may contain some or all of the following customization options. To enable a customization, click to check-mark the associated checkbox.
Only Photos? Hide conditions & comments. Photos only.
Inline? Place photos beneath their associated areas, rather than altogether at the end of the report.
Colors? Color-code conditions & comments.
Tenant Sig.? Show the tenant signature on the report.
Agent Sig.? Show the agent signature on the report.
Custom Order? Order the inspection by Area Group values, rather than alphabetically by area name.
PM Property Photo? Include the default photo for the property, if available.
Grid? Insert grid lines (discussed below).
Summary Table: Include and specify (discussed below).
Time Stamps? Include the timestamp for every photo.
Location? Include the geotag, when available, for every photo.
Photo Links? Include a link to view each photo / video on the zInspector website.
A summary of damaged items and/or Action Items can now feature at the beginning of a report to highlight required maintenance actions, painting, cleaning, and other repair needs.
Visual structure can be added to a report with the inclusion of grid lines around report elements, giving any report a more defined layout.