A note before you begin:
Here we cover customization of zInspector reports using the new zInspector website (as of October 2019) .
For info on customizing reports using the legacy website, see this article.
zInspector Report Customization
Once you have submitted a report on the zInspector app, you can customize on the website per your preferences, for a specific purpose, or a particular recipient.
Summary tables, grid lines, and other options are available in addition to specialized report tools. To view the available customization options and other tools for any activity report, click on an activity in the Timeline. The Report Preview will open automatically. Select Options (at top) to customize the report.
In the Options menu popup, available selections may differ depending on several factors, such as which app (classic or new) you are using and which type of activity report you are viewing. All possible options are covered here. (Not seeing an option covered here that you think you need? Please let us know!)
Report Display Options
Only Media? Only photos are shown. Conditions & comments are hidden.
Show Grid? Grid-lines around report elements enhance visual structure.
Inline? Photos follow immediately after their associated area (rather than at the end).
Colors? Specific report elements display in color (rather than black & white).
Time Stamps? Photo timestamps are displayed beneath photos.
Location? Photo geotags are displayed beneath photos (if available).
Photo Links? Clickable html links to full-quality photos are provided.
Tenant Sig.? The tenant’s signature (taken during the inspection) is displayed.
Agent Sig.? The agent’s signature (taken during the inspection) is displayed.
Custom Order? Order inspection by Area Group values, rather than alphabetically.
PM Report Logo? Show the available company logo in the report heading.
PM Property Logo? Show the default property photo on the report heading.
Grid Lines Sample:
Visual structure can be added to a report with the inclusion of grid lines around report elements, giving any report a more defined layout.
Report Summary Table Options
- None Show no summary table at the top of the report.
- Damaged Show damaged items in the summary table.
- Action Items Show action items in the summary table.
- Damaged or Action Item Show damaged or action items (or both) in the summary table.
- Damaged and Action Item Show only those damaged items that have an associated action item in the summary table.
Summary Table sample:
Key inspection findings (damaged and/or action items) can be called out for emphasis at the beginning of the inspection report.
Report Span Settings
Activity Media – Enable this setting to include available media for this activity in the current report. Disable to exclude available media for this activity from the current report. May only apply to reports generated on the classic zInspector app.
All Activities – Include in the current report media taken during other inspection activities for this same property, as available per the Span (number of days) setting: for example, photos and videos taken during a Photo Inspection activity within the specified number of days. Disable to exclude these media from the current report. May only apply to reports generated on the classic zInspector app.
Doc ID Media –Include in the current report media taken for this specific inspection activity. Disable it to exclude media taken as a part of this specific inspection from the current report. May only apply to reports generated on the new zInspector 3 app.
Non Doc ID Media – Include in the current report media taken during other inspection activities for this same property as available per the Span (number of days) setting: for example, supplemental Documents created in zInspector; or photos/videos taken in Quick Pictures mode, brought in from a different app, or uploaded manually within the specified number of days. Disable to exclude these media from the current report. May only apply to reports generated on the new zInspector 3 app.
Days – This is the primary Span setting. The number of days specified tells zInspector how far back to look for photos associated with this property for the current report. For inspections taken over a number of days, adjust the span appropriately to include all relevant photos in the report.
Default Span Settings can be configured in Report Settings.
Specialized Report Tools
At the lower-right side of the preview , you will see three buttons:
- Property (house icon) – Click here to go to gallery view for the property associated with the current report. Here you can find, edit, or delete photos permanently as needed.
- Share (arrow icon) – Click here to access the following options:
- Delete Activity: permanently remove the current activity.
- Change Property: re-associate an inspection with a different property.
- Copy condition values: convert a report from one type (move-out) to another (move-in).
- Change Activity Date: change the date of the inspection activity.
- Options (cog icon) – Click here to open Options (primary report customization settings).
Don’t see the what you need?
- Some tools under Share will be moving to the Property button (just above) soon.
- Some tools must be enabled by an Admin user in Report Settings before they become available.
- If you can’t find the tool you need for a given report, know that we are currently working to make them available for all inspections performed on the classic and new app, and use the legacy site for the time being!
What’s Next? After Customizing a Report
- Options: for primary report customization settings (covered above).
- Download: to download the report to your computer.
- Email/Distribute: to download the report to your computer’s native mail application; if none is available, it will simply download.
- XLS: to download spreadsheets associated with the report.
- ZIP: to email a folder containing the reports photos in original quality (see more on changes to “Download Zip” below).
- Share HTML: to send a report HTML link via email.
Changes to Download ZIP
Download ZIP is now just ZIP. The zipped folder of original-quality photos no longer downloads directly to your computer. Instead, it is sent to your default email address. Why? Because the new zInspector 3 app takes pictures and videos with much higher quality, the resulting zip file is now typically too large to generate within the memory of a browser window. If you prefer to download your Zip files in the legacy site (for inspections taken using the original app), you can do so, at least for the time being.