Here we cover the process of inviting a tenant to perform a Periodic / Renewal Inspection on a zInspector account that is not syncing property and tenant data automatically from a property accounting software like Rentec Direct, Rent Manager, Appfolio, or Propertyware.
The following video shows those zInspector users with free accounts, unsynced accounts, and those wishing to experience the tenant inspection process for themselves (as a test “tenant”) to get started with this great feature.
The general steps are as follows:
- Go to the Properties page and create the Property (if it doesn’t yet exist).
- Go to the Tenants page (previously called Turnover) and create a Lease (if it doesn’t yet exist) and add at least one Tenant.
- For the relevant Lease, click Invite in the Tenant Inspection column and follow the prompts.
- Return to the Tenants page any time to check the status of your Tenant Inspections. The link will reflect the status of the most recent Tenant Inspection invite: Invited, Expired, Submitted, or Disabled. Click on that link to manage the current invitation and view the Tenant Inspection history for that lease.
- To test the Tenant Invitation feature from both perspectives (property manager and tenant), you can invite yourself as a test tenant by entering your own information and email address to an invitation for a sample property.
- You can also invite a tenant (or yourself as a test tenant) to perform a Tenant Move In inspection by clicking the corresponding Invite link in the Tenant Move In column, just to the left of the Tenant Inspection column.
- Aspects of the tenant inspection experience can be customized. Go to Settings > Admin Settings > Tenant Inspection (under Additional Settings and Options).
Synced Accounts: Those syncing from AppFolio, Propertyware, Rentec Direct, or Rent Manager can take advantage of a more streamlined Tenant Inspection invitation process. See this article for more info.