The Tenant Inspection templates may be customized as needed by your company. The video below outlines the basic process.
All active templates, meaning those currently available in the zInspector 3 and Tenant Move-In (TMI) apps, can be found by going to Settings > Document Templates on the zInspector website.
To make changes to a zInspector provided template, first delete the System Field.
If you are making a lot of changes to a Tenant template, we recommend that you temporarily change the Inspection Activity Type from either “Tenant Move In” or “Tenant Inspection” to just “Inspection.” That will allow you to test the template in the zInspector app before making it available subsequently for tenants in the TMI app.
A few important points:
- You should only have one Tenant Move In template on your account.
- You can have many different Tenant Inspection templates on your account.
- You can’t have the exact same template distributed to both Tenants and your zInspector users. Publish a copy with a slightly different Document Template Name.
- Only paid subscribers can make changes to a template that includes a “Condition Table.”
- Tenant-Completed Move In (i.e., Tenant Move In) inspections are only available to users at the Business and Enterprise levels.
- Tenant-Completed Periodic/Renewal (i.e., Tenant Inspection) inspections are available free to all users during the COVID-19 crisis and will become a paid feature in the future.