Tenant-Completed Inspection templates are sent to tenants via invite and performed in the zTenant app (previously called Tenant Move-In). These templates may be customized as needed by your company. The video below outlines the basic process.
All active templates, meaning those currently available for your team to perform in the zInspector 3 app and for your tenants to be invited to perform in zTenant, can be found by going to Settings > Document Templates on the zInspector website.
To make changes to a zInspector-provided template, first delete the System (System Document) field.
If you plan to make significant changes to a Tenant template, we recommend that you temporarily change the Inspection Activity Type from either “Tenant Move In” or “Tenant Inspection” to just “Inspection.” That will allow you to test the template in the zInspector 3 app before making it available as a by-invite template for tenants in zTenant.
A few important points:
- You should only have one template with the “Tenant Move In” inspection type on your account.
- You can have many different “Tenant Inspection” templates on your account.
- No two templates can have the exact same name, even when the inspection types clearly differentiate them. Publish one with a slightly different document title. For example, you can have an Inspection called 3-Month Inspection and a Tenant Inspection called Tenant 3-Month Inspection.)
- Only paid subscribers can make changes to a template that includes a “Condition Table.”
- Tenant-performed inspections are not available on all plans.
Chapter 8 of this support knowledge-base provides in-depth information on customizing both tenant- and user-performed inspection templates. Particularly, the articles in section 10 of the chapter focus on all aspects of advanced template customization. This is a good place to start,