Important: If you use and/or have already integrated your zInspector account with a property accounting software such as Rentec Direct, AppFolio, or Propertyware, you should not manually add a Lease/Tenant manually. Instead, please add or update the lease in your accounting software, make sure that essential fields are filled out for the relevant tenant record (such as email address and Move In date) and resync as needed to see your Lease or Tenant in zInspector. Questions? Let us know!
For free accounts and paid accounts that do not integrate with a property accounting software, the follow steps cover how to add a Lease and Tenant manually in zInspector so that you can make them available in zInspector and invite them to perform a Tenant Inspection (such as Periodic or Renewal) or request a remote signature for documents.
- In the main menu bar, click on Turnover.
- Click on the green +Lease button. You will be prompted to enter lease-specific information including:
– Property Address
– Rent Amount
– Lease Status (Is the property Listed, are the tenants Moving In, or are they Current tenants?)
– Lease Signature Status (Have all parties signed the lease? If not, this can be updated later.)
– Lease Start Date
– Lease End Date
– Comments (as needed)
- Once you enter the lease-specific information, click on Save and Add Tenants to add your tenant information. If your tenant information is already in zInspector, click “Add From Existing Tenants.” If not, click “Add New Tenant” to add the tenant-specific information (Name, Email Address, Phone Number, etc.).
- Once all tenants have been added, click Save to return to the Turnover page.
- Click the Tenants checkbox at upper left to easily see tenants listed with their leases.
What’s next? Ready to invite your newly added tenant to perform a Periodic or Renewal Inspection? See this article.