Some property managers want to ensure that their inspectors or tenants to take a photo of every property area, when performing a condition table inspection, where photos may already be required for Damaged (D) and Action (!) items, or any other template-based inspection.
Follow the steps in the first section below to customize a condition-table inspection such as a Move In, Move Out, or Tenant Move In template or those in the second section to customize a non-condition table inspection such as Annual, Periodic, or Renewal Inspection or a Tenant-completed equivalent.
Require Photos for Each Area in a Condition Table Inspection
On the zInspector website:
- Go to Settings > Document Templates, and, for the template you wish to edit, click New Draft at left.
- In the template body:
- Locate, click on, and delete the System Document field, if present, or you won’t be able to save and publish the customized template: Z:[[System | [SYSTEM_DOCUMENT] ]]
- Locate the Inspection Table field and double-click on it to edit it.
- Under Arguments, add areaforce;
Here is how it might look on a Move-Out inspection table field during editing:
- Click Save and Publish.
- Open the zInspector 3 app and tap on the Sync (cycling arrows) icon at upper right.
- Specify a Property/Unit and tap as needed to begin an inspection on the newly customized template.
- In the inspection table, note the red camera icon next to every Area: this indicates that a photo is required to be taken for every area before the inspection can be submitted.
Require Photos for Each Area in Other Inspections
For templates that don’t employ a standard condition table, zInspector offers the Area Summary table instead, which simply lists all the Areas of the specified property by default (but none of the contained Details) along with opportunities to provide photos and comments.
With a New Draft of a non-condition table template open, add an Area Summary Table from the System Fields menu at right. The Field Name should be Area Conditions. The Arguments will determine what documentation is required.
To require a photo for each area—a comment will remain optional—use this field:
Z:[[Area Summary | Areas Conditions | [all;optional-comments] ]]
The photo requirement is indicated by a red camera icon within each Area.
To require a photo and a comment for each Area, use this field instead:
Z:[[Area Summary | Areas Conditions | [all] ]]
The resulting photo requirement is indicated by a red camera icon within each Area, and the resulting comment requirement is indicated by a red comment field within each Area.
Note: Tenant inspections can only be tested on the tenant app. Learn more about tenant customization here.
Questions? Email us any time at email@example.com.