Property managers have a lot of information to keep track of when it comes to the properties in their care. Details such as flooring types, paint colors, appliance model and serial numbers, and HVAC filter sizes and expiration dates have never been easy to keep straight, much less capture, organize, and reference as needed, until now.
With zInspector’s zData feature, you can capture and store this information smoothly during inspections and other property visits. The info then uploads to the website where, in the zData dashboard, it becomes easy to access, search and modify as needed.
Adding zData to a Custom Template
zData is enabled on zInspector provided default templates automatically. If you have your own customized templates, you may need to enable this by adding “;edit” in the condition table line.
This feature is only available within templates containing an inspection Condition Table (such as the provided Move In, Move Out, or Annual Inspection examples).
On the zInspector website:
- Go to Settings > Document Templates.
- Click on New Draft (drafting compass icon, shown below) for the template you wish to update.
- Delete the System Document field from the template body, if present, so that the customized template can be saved. It looks like this:
Z:[[System | [SYSTEM_DOCUMENT] ]]
- Scroll down to the Inspection Table field and double-click to open it.
- Under Arguments add the word “;edit” at the end of the line:
Z:[[Inspection Table | Move-Out Conditions | [N=New,E=Excellent;S=Satisfactory,F=Fair,P=Poor;D=Damaged;all;picture;both;;edit] ]]
- Click on Ok, then click Save and Publish.
How to Use zData
- Select a Property/Unit.
- Tap Inspect and pick the appropriate template.
- Perform your inspection as usual.
- In the inspection condition table, expand the first Area to see the new zData fields enabled at right:
- Tap on a zData field to edit it:
- Add any zData entries you wish for specific details during the inspection.
- When finished, submit your inspection as usual.
Alternatively, you also have the option to edit zData outside of the template. In this case, after specifying your Property/Unit, tap on the Edit Areas option on the home screen. Expand each Area in the list to view the Details and customize the zData entries.
Viewing and Editing zData Outside of the App
Added and modified zData entries will upload to the website and become accessible and searchable in multiple locations outside of the app.
- On the relevant inspection report:
- Within the zData tab of the Properties page. This powerful table allows you to search through this detail-level information across all your properties. New columns will be added dynamically as you add more zData entries to your properties.
- At the property level on the Properties page. Search for a specific property and click on View/Edit Areas in that row to view and edit any zData entry. Updates will sync to tmobile apps across the account for future inspections.
- In a Google Drive-synced spreadsheet. With the upcoming gDrive Sync enabled, this data can also be available automatically in a spreadsheet where it can be easily sorted, viewed, and shared as needed.
Requiring Specific zData Capture During an Inspection
If you want to make sure that a specific piece of zData is filled in or verified during a specific inspection type such as the Refrigerator Model and Serial Number, along with a required picture for that Detail, you can customize the template as follows:
- Go to Settings > Document Templates.
- Click on New Draft for the template you wish to update.
- Add an Instruction field (from the System Fields menu) and fill it as appropriate based on the following example:
Z:[[Instruction | AREA_DETAIL | [kitchen;;refrig; Be sure to check all shelves; Enter Model & Serial Number;required;picture_empty] ]]
where “Be sure to check all shelves;” is the customizable placeholder for the comment field.
and “Enter Model & Serial Number;” is the customizable placeholder for the zData field.
- Click Save and Publish.
When you open the app (don’t forget to sync if your app is already open), and begin a new inspection with the modified template, the Model and Serial Number for the Refrigerator Detail, along with a photo, will be required:
You can add additional required zData fields as needed by adding and modifying additional Area Detail fields as needed.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com