zInspector now supports a full two-way integration with AppFolio! With this powerful integration, you can:
- Instantly sync all your property and lease information, as well as tenant and owner contact data. Your AppFolio data will stay in sync with zInspector updating continuously throughout the day to stay current as you acquire new properties and add tenants.
- Automatically upload inspection report copies into AppFolio as soon as they’re submitted in zInspector.
- Automatically generate work orders in AppFolio based on your inspection results!
How to get started?
- In Appfolio, under Add Functionality, find zInspector and select Manage Connection.
- In zInspector, subscribe to one of our plans that includes the Appfolio integration.
From the Property data, we get the property addresses, single-family vs multi-family, number of Bedrooms, and number of Bathrooms for each property/unit.
In addition, if you change the “Property Name” in Appfolio, it will also update the data in zInspector automatically. You can even change names in Appfolio when using the zInspector or zTenant mobile apps offline. We’ll sync and correct for those changes dynamically later.
From the Tenant data, we sync the property relationship, lease start, lease end, move in, move out dates, and email address(es). You can optionally sync your owner and vendor contact data too.
When inspection reports are completed and submitted, zInspector automatically uploads copies of your inspections right into AppFolio:
- If it is a Single Family unit, it will be uploaded under the Property Page.
- If it is a Multi-Family, it will be uploaded under the Unit Page.
- And from there, you can share it with owners or tenants and it will become available under the Owner or Tenant Portal.
A green checkmark will appear on the icon on the zInspector Timeline if the inspection report is successfully uploaded into Appfolio.
Work orders are generated automatically in AppFolio based on your inspection results.
- For example, if during a Move Out inspection you identify multiple items as needing !-Cleaning and multiple other items as needing !-Painting, then we will create two work orders in AppFolio, one for all of your Cleaning items and one for all your Painting items. These work orders will include all your inspector comments and a public link with the related photos/videos.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org anytime!