Virtual tours you created in zInspector can now be added directly to your rental listings! This article takes you through the steps to add a virtual tour to a property listing page—in this case, a listing on Buildium. The custom link can be added to any listing in simple HTML to bring viewers of a listing to the corresponding virtual tour. The virtual tour “Learn More” link can be customized to bring prospective tenants back to the listing from the virtual property tour they just completed.
1. Log in to zInspector, and click on the Properties and select Property Tours.
2. For the property of interest that contains a tour, click on the Edit link in the Virtual Tour column.
3. On the Virtual Tour Editor page, click View in the upper-right corner to view your tour and obtain the web address for the virtual tour:
Note: Each zInspector tour video has a unique Custom Tour ID number, which you will need in order to add the Virtual Tour to your listing in Buildium (or other property listing page).
4. Copy the Custom Tour ID, log in to Buildium, and click on Leasing and then Listings. Find the property you would like to list and click List Unit.
Important: Because the virtual tour is a website, and not a video file, you cannot simply upload it; you will need to write the code into your Unit Details.
5. Click Edit and paste the code (see HTML code example below) into the Unit Details Description box. Replace the words “CUSTOM_TOUR_ID” with the 6-digit custom tour ID number provided in your tour’s web address.
6. Click Save and list your unit. There will now be a clickable link in your listing to take visitors to the virtual tour!
HTML code example
The following example line of HTML code can be copied and added to your listing. Visitors to the listing page will click, in this case, on Virtual Tour! to reach your zInspector virtual tour.
<br><a href=https://portfolio.zinspector.com/property/tour/CUSTOM_TOUR_ID target=”_blank”><font size=”+2″>Virtual Tour!</font></a><br>
For more detailed instructions, watch the following video: