zInspector 3’s Quick Pictures mode provides a flexible, efficient way to take photos and video for any Property and Activity. It’s a great way to document a task (from creation to completion) or to supplement a template-based inspection being performed by another group member (using Inspect mode).
Perform a Quick Pictures Inspection
- On the main app screen, tap on Property/Unit and specify a property.
- Tap on Quick Pictures. The Quick Pictures camera interface will open.
- Tap on Activity…Tap to select. Select the appropriate Activity type. Once an Activity is specified, Area, Action, and Comments tags appear.
- Tap on Area to direct select an Area from the list -OR- swipe right or left on Area to navigate to the previous or next Area of the Property as appropriate. Once an Area is specified, the Detail tag becomes available.
- Tap on Detail to direct select a Detail from the list -OR- swipe right or left on Detail to navigate to the previous or next Detail in the specified Area.
- Tap on Action to direct select an action, if one is indicated.
- Tap on Comments… to enter a free-text comment then tap on the dialogue balloon icon to close the keyboard -OR- simply tap on the Smart Comments (dialogue balloon) icon to select from the list of pre-populated Smart Comments.
- After providing sufficient context, tap the camera icon (to take a photo), the camcorder icon (to take a video), or the globe icon (to take a 360 photo) at the base of the screen. Once taken, the media will enter the Queue and upload as able, depending on settings and device connection.
- To review, edit, delete or mark up photos already taken, or quick-share a photo, tap on the Gallery (stacked photos) icon at the base of the screen.
- By default, when you tap the Back button (bottom left of screen), a Report Request prompt will appear.
- Tap Yes to auto-send a Quick Pictures report (PDF) to your default auto-report email addresses (under Email Integration in Profile Settings). The report will contain all Quick Pictures media for this address and activity created up to this point for the current date.
- Tap No to decline to send a PDF of the Quick Pictures session.
- Tap Disable to opt out of this Report Request prompt in the future. You can re-enable the prompt at any time in the app’s Misc. Settings.
- Alternately, you can hold down on the Back button until a Report Request screen pulls up to reveal additional Quick Pictures report options. Here you can opt to send a Quick Pictures report (PDF) to the specified recipient(s) as follows:
- Tap Select a Property Contact… to choose from available contacts (e.g., Tenants, Owners, Vendors) associated with this property.
- Tap All Contacts…to choose from all available contacts on your zInspector account.
- Tap Select or type emails… to select an email address associated with your device or to type in any other email address, as needed.
- Regardless of Report Request prompt and screen selections and settings, your uploaded Quick Pictures will populate in Timeline.
- Conveniently, Quick Pictures activities in Timeline will be filed separately based on the specified Activity type.
- Action items specified in Quick Pictures will be available in the Task Manager, either as Action items which can be manually converted to Tasks or as Active Tasks (depending on your Task Manager settings).
Photo Inspection Activity Tips:
- Giving a Tenant Notice? Select “Notices” for the “Activity” and take a photo of a notice you posted on the front door. Now you will have a time-stamped, user-stamped, GPS-location stamped report documenting that the notice was officially given.
- Keeping Tabs on Your Agents? Select “Leasing” for the “Activity” and have your agent take a photo every time they visit a property. Now you will know exactly when the agent was there each time they visited the property.
- Helping a team-mate perform an inspection on a large property or in a short amount of time? Follow this procedure to seamlessly perform a multi-user inspection that auto-combines into a single report!
- The Lead Inspector selects the current property, taps on Inspect, and opens a standard or custom inspection template such as Move-In or Move-Out. Moving from one area or point of inspection to the next, the lead inspector focuses on evaluation—entering condition ratings, checking boxes, entering comments, as appropriate—while communicating as needed with the supplemental inspector(s).
- The Supplemental Inspector(s) selects the same property then taps on Quick Pictures. Accompanying the lead inspector, the supplemental inspector(s) focus on documentation, taking photos and videos, and entering additional photo comments as needed.
- Once the Lead Inspector’s report is submitted and the inspection data of all inspectors is uploaded to the website, these separate activities should automatically combine. If they do not, a simple adjustment of Span settings for the primary inspection will allow them to do so.