Rather than manually add each property individually, zInspector allows you to upload them in bulk using a spreadsheet (.csv) format. Uploaded spreadsheet data will synchronize to all users on your account and be available for future inspections. This feature is especially useful for users just getting started with zInspector who have a large property portfolio or longtime users who have recently acquired a new complex or other group of properties.
Attention: If you use one of these specific software solutions, an easier, better solution is available! Click the relevant link for specific instructions: Rentec Direct, Rent Manager, Propertyware, or Appfolio.
On the zInspector website.
- Go to Settings, then Admin Settings.
- Under Integrations and Imports click to expand CSV Imports.
- Select Properties / Units (or other data import category).
- On the Import Properties (or other) page, download the spreadsheet template file.
- Fill out the spreadsheet (following recommendations below) and save it.
- Drag and drop the file in the dropzone at the bottom of the page (or click on the dropzone to specify a file) to specify the saved file.
- Click Preview to review how the Property (or other) data will import.
- If satisfied, click Import.
- The spreadsheet’s column headers need to match exactly. Do not change them!
- Import just a few units first. If it works well, proceed with the rest.
- Import Single-Family / Duplex Units and Multi-Family Units on two separate spreadsheets.
About Property Names:
The Property Name field for each unit must be unique. If left blank for any/all units, the import process will automatically substitute [Address 1] for [Property Name]. If the [Unit Number] is not blank, then the [Property Name] will default to: “[Address 1] Unit [Unit Number]”. Most managers of single-family properties leave the Property Name column blank as part of import.
Questions? Feel free to email us your spreadsheet so we can offer feedback.