This is a standard Move In inspection scenario taken to the next level. It’s paperless: the leasing agent and tenant walk through the property together as usual, but the agent completes the inspection, and both parties sign, directly within the zInspector 3 app.
- In the zInspector 3 app, tap Property/Unit and select the current property.
- Tap Inspect and tap Move In to start the inspection.
- Inspect the property thoroughly with the tenant.
- When all areas have been inspected, tap Proceed.
- Scroll down, and tap the Inspector Signature button.
- Sign and tap the Save (disc) icon to save the signature.
- Tap the Tenant Signature button (may be optional, depending on the template).
- Have the tenant sign.
- Tap the Save (disc) icon to save the signature.
- Tap Submit (or Submit/Email if you wish to send the report directly to additional recipients).
- Don’t see the property in the app? You can always create it on the spot.
- Don’t want to start from scratch? Rather than start the move-in from scratch, the last Move Out conditions for the property (if available) can be applied to the in-progress inspection on the app and then modified as needed based on the findings of the agent and incoming tenant. See this article for more info.
- Signature defaults not working for you? By default, if the tenant signature is optional and if one is not entered, the Tenant Signature field will not display on the final document. Tenant signature defaults can be changed in the template itself for future inspections. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for specific instructions.