Sometimes a property is left in such good condition upon Move Out that very little needs to be done besides standard cleaning and turnover tasks. In those cases, a zInspector Admin user can simply covert a Move Out report into a Move In, make any minor changes needed, and obtain the tenant’s signature.
Enable (or Confirm) the Copy Setting
- Select Settings then click on Report Settings.
- Scroll down to Copy PM Condition Values.
- Enable it by sliding the toggle to the right (1 in illustration below).
- Click the dynamic green Save button at lower right (2 in illustration below).
Convert the Move Out to a Move In
- Return to Timeline and click on the report (magnifying glass) activity icon for the Move Out inspection you wish to copy to open it.
- See the buttons at lower right of the report preview. Click on the Share (arrow) button.
- Select Copy Condition Table.
- In the popup that opens, select Move In as the inspection type for the new report from the dropdown and click Copy. The new inspection will appear at the top of your Timeline.
Once you have your new Move Out report in Timeline, you can use the Span feature to grab any relevant photos for the report (though they will likely show up automatically) or make other customizations.
You can also send the inspection report directly to you tenant using zInspector’s Remote Signature tool (not available at all plan levels).