Did you just take pictures of a property/unit using Quick Pictures, and now that you’re back at the office, you need to complete a full inspection report? Are you stuck on all the Damages (D) and Action (!) items that require pictures? Don’t worry, you don’t need to go back to the property to fulfill these requirements. We have an easier fix for you!
Here are the steps you need to pick your existing pictures from the zInspector app gallery and attach them to an inspection you are currently trying to submit.
On the zInspector app:
- Select the property and use Quick Pictures, adding the appropriate tags: Activity, Area, Detail.
Matching tags are helpful to be able to select pictures from the gallery later on.
- Start an inspection as usual.
- Tap the checkmark above the Ss to mark everything as Satisfactory.
- Specify your Damages and all your Action items by tapping on D and ! as appropriate.
And this is where you can reference the gallery to fulfill all the picture requirements:
Click the red camera icon as you would to take pictures, and then click on the little gallery icon at the lower right to display the photos, scroll down, and pick the one that applies.
If you can’t find the right picture, clear the selection by tapping the Area name at the top and then tap on CLEAR. This will display them all.
3. Now you are on the gallery picture, the next step is to tap on the camera icon on the picture left side menu. Display the Copy Item dialogue box and tap to choose the copy option.
Use Original Tags: if the tags from the inspection match the gallery picture tags.
Use Current Tags: if the tags from the inspection don’t match the gallery picture tags, you need to select the inspection current tags, and the picture will fulfill the inspection area/detail/activity requirement. Meaning that if the picture is somehow wrong tagged, the feature will change the tags when attaching the photo to the inspection.
The copied picture will automatically get attached to the In Progress inspection. You will see the photo requirement fulfilled and the camera button turned black.
4. As you already know, when the different area details get inspected (you added pictures and comments), the area red check mark will turn green, so you can continue completing the inspection to finally sign it and submit it.
Questions? Please email us at email@example.com.
Days to keep photos on the device: https://support.zinspector.com/article/mobile-app-settings/
Required photos: https://support.zinspector.com/article/require_pictures/