In some cases, your inspection may require you to photograph hard-to-reach property areas and details such as crawlspaces and rain gutters. You may be able to avoid climbing ladders or crawling under the house by using a basic selfie stick in conjunction with the zInspector 3 app timed photo option.
Countdown Camera Timer Settings
To begin, review and adjust your timer countdown length in the zInspector 3 app by going to Settings (gear icon) at upper right. Increase the Camera Timer Time setting to make it easier to position the camera before capture occurs. The maximum setting is 15 seconds, and the minimum setting is 3 seconds (the default is 5 seconds).
Use the Countdown Camera Timer
- Mount the phone on the selfie stick.
- In the app, specify a Property/Unit.
- Tap to open Quick Pictures and specify an Activity tag, such as Inspection or Maintenance -OR- tap Inspect to start or resume an inspection template then tap the camera icon for the appropriate area or detail.
- Tap and hold on the camera capture button for about 2 seconds until you notice the timer countdown begin.
- Position the phone during the countdown. When the timer reaches 0, the photo will be taken.
Tip: In some cases, it may take a few tries to get the photo right. Remember, you can always visit the app’s Gallery (stacked photo icon) at upper right to delete photos easily that you do not which to keep.