The zInspector Task Manager can be used to manage outside vendor tasks or your own office’s appointments.
Whenever viewing a Task, one can choose to Include the item on the Calendar or not. If you are managing a major construction job over multiple days, you likely do not want that item on a calendar. But, if you are trying to closely manage a schedule, you may very well want to add the item to the calendar.
On the Task, you can put a Start Time, an End Time, or both a Start Time and End Time. If you only enter a value for the Start Time or End Time, then a one hour appointment will be on the calendar will be created.
You have two options to get your calendar output onto other programs such as Google Calendar, Outlook, Mac, iOS, or Android calendars.
- Method #1: iCal is a public standard for calendar appointments used by many programs. You can add the iCal link provided at: https://portfolio.zinspector.com/calendar to almost any major scheduling program.
- Please keep in mind that if you use iCal, it is technically an additional calendar that is viewable on your calendar program.
- The biggest issue with iCal is for Google Calendar users. Google will only update iCal information once every 4 – 24 hours. If you have a very slow changing calendar, this is probably just fine. If you have a rapidly changing calendar and you need more instant results, then, you will want to use the second calendar method.
- Method #2: Direct Google Calendar integration. If you are already a Google user and need more rapid synchronization of your Google Calendar with your zInspector Tasks / Schedule, then you will want to enable this under Settings at: https://portfolio.zinspector.com/profile/
- At this time, changes to your zInspector calendar appointments made in Google Calendar will not be sent back to zInspector. However, any change you make in zInspector will near instantly show up in Google Calendar.
- Therefore, it is recommend you update all relevant calendar appointment info in zInspector directly.