Whenever you mark something as an Action (!) item during a condition-based inspection, zInspector automatically creates a task and includes the item in a work order.
Here’s how it works:
- Start a condition-based inspection (e.g., Annual, Move In, Move Out) on the zInspector 3 app.
- Mark anything that requires attention as an Action (!) by tapping on the exclamation point next to that detail and selecting the most appropriate action type, such as Repairs Required, Cleaning Required, Maintenance Required, etc.
- Complete your inspection and submit it.
- Check your inbox for new emails from email@example.com. You will receive one email for each task, containing a list of all work orders for that specific action type, such as maintenance, cleaning, or repairs required.
- Follow the task link on the email you received to log in to the zInspector website and manage the task.
The zInspector Task Manager allows you to:
- Assign tasks.
- Add documents.
- Create to-do lists.
- Add/edit instructions and photos linked to the task.
- Communicate with your vendors/team/inspectors.
- Add unit access instructions.
- And even sync your tasks to your calendar.
Note: if you specify three action items as Maintenance Required and five items as Repairs Required, two tasks will be created in zInspector: One task will be for Maintenance, listing all three work order items, and the other for Repairs, again listing all five work order items.
Each task in the zInspector Task Manager includes all the pictures taken during the inspection that are associated with the task under the Work Order Photos section. All those photos are available via the public link you received with the task creation email. You can easily remove pictures from the task by clicking on the Down arrow on any photo in this section. In the Related Photos section, you can review all photos taken during the inspection and add additional ones to the task by clicking on the Up arrow. Photos updates will be automatically reflected in the public task link, for easy communication of tasks to your team, maintenance staff, and outside vendors.
Questions? Email us any time at firstname.lastname@example.org