Whether you are performing a condition-based inspection such as a Move In and Move Out (in Inspect mode) or a Quick Pictures activity, zInspector 3 allows you to get a lot done without ever leaving the camera interface. For inspectors who take a lot of photos or need to do so in certain cases, these shortcuts can prove especially handy.
Shortcuts in Quick Pictures mode
In Quick Pictures mode, which takes place exclusively in the Camera interface, you can:
- Tap on the current Activity tag to switch to a different activity type, without ever leaving the Quick Pictures screen. Your Timeline will display a separate report for each Quick Pictures activity type (such as Inspection, Notice, and Maintenance Required) for a given property on a given day.
- Swipe left or right to seamlessly navigate to the next or previous Area or Detail tag.
Shortcuts in Inspect mode
In Inspect mode, for standard condition-based templates such as Move In and Move Out, the inspection can actually be conducted almost entirely within the Camera interface if you prefer, so you don’t have to switch back and forth between the template and camera interfaces. Rather than backing out of the Camera interface after taking every detail-level photo or video, you can:
- Tap the current Activity tag to specify a different one—a handy way to perform a Quick Pictures activity mid-inspection. Just remember to switch back to the appropriate activity type for the template inspection (such as Move In).
- Swipe right or left to seamlessly navigate to previous or next Area or Detail tag.
- Add a Comment or Smart Comment.
- With Area and Detail specified, tap (or tap and hold) to select a condition value (primary values are N, S, and D by default).
- Tap ! to specify a required action.
- Tap Ø to specify a detail as Not Present and remove it from the current and future inspections of the property.
- Take a video, photo, or 360-panoramic photo, or navigate to the Gallery to work with recent photos and videos.
Note: If property conditions are fairly consistent—meaning most details in a room are in the same condition—you can only apply an area-wide condition value (for example, simultaneously mark all “Bathroom” details as New) by tapping (or tapping and holding) the corresponding checkbox in the area header on the inspection template interface: there is no corresponding area-wide condition shortcut provided in the Camera interface.