With the Documents feature, you can create any type of inspection or other electronic document in zInspector and even include attributes like photos and electronic signatures.
Document templates are created on the zInspector website and then filled out in the app from any mobile device. Once completed, documents are copied to the user and others based on user and/or global settings (for example, to multiple email addresses, and services like Evernote, Dropbox, and DotLoop).
Additionally, completed zInspector documents remain stored, available, and searchable on the website, where they can be quickly sorted, found and accessed—even when thousands of documents are available.
Some key benefits of zInspector Documents:
- Complete Version Control — Every document is fully version controlled. You will always know what version is filled out, and you can always access old versions.
- Instantly Digital — By default you will receive an emailed PDF of any document you create. Share it, email it, print, or file it: do whatever works best for your business.
- Cloud Search — Find any document easily through the website. zInspector’s simple spreadsheet-like interface gives you instant, searchable access to all completed documents.
- Upload Anything — Easily upload other documents to the website. zInspector Document upload supports most file formats (except for those especially prone to viruses, like .exe files).
Documents work like Photo Inspections and Property Management Inspections in many ways: for one thing, All of your specified Automatic Reporting and Backup options apply. For another, Document Templates are created on the website and completed / filled out on the mobile app.
Tips for Creating and Managing Templates
- Start Small — Short documents are focused, and useful for your business, and easy to design. In minutes, you can create simple forms—Pet Inspection Violation, New Property Setup, Water Heater Inspection, Quarterly Property Inspection, Job Visit, Invoices—and just about anything else.
- Design Your Document / Process — Design your documents first in a basic tool like Word, PowerPoint, or a more advanced software like LucidChart.
- Convert Paper to Digital — Once the document is designed, you will be ready to recreate it in the zInspector Document Template creator. You may be tempted to simply copy and paste your Microsoft Word table into zInspector. A pasted document may look great, but in reality it will come with a lot of baggage—extra formatting which will make the document difficult for the app to handle. Plan to spend about one hour per page to create a new document template: it’s a time investment, sure, but it will quickly start to pay off once you go paperless.
- Now You’re Mobile — Once published, your template instantly becomes available to all of your Group Members’ devices through the mobile app.
- Update Instantly — Need to change a document? Whether you need to make changes for error correction, business process updates, legal compliance changes or any other reason, just make the change and hit Publish. Your users will quickly have the latest and greatest templates across your organization.
- Get Crazy (or Get Sane) – Do you have a lot of documents / processes? Do you need to reuse the same documents for different purposes? For example, do you fill out a Smoke Detector inspection form every time you visit a property regardless of the visit purpose? We have a solution: with the zInspector Inspection Scheduler and Task Docs you can set up different processes that reuse templates for different purposes.
- Get Help — For starters, check out some of the Related Articles below, as well as the video showing how the zInspector Document creation works.
- Hire a Pro — Do you need a business consultant? No problem: zInspector has people ready to help. We work with you to understand your current processes and then convert them to digital ones. The best part: your consultation will leave you with the know-how to fully maintain and easily change your documents as needed, moving forward.
To learn more, check out this video explaining the custom Document creation process.