From time to time, you may select the incorrect property from the list when performing an inspection in the app. Once you have submitted an inspection in zInspector 3, you may find that you have generated an inspection under the wrong property name. Fortunately, you can change the property association very easily in most cases.
- Go to Settings > Report Settings.
- Enable “Change Property Name for Activity.” Be sure to click the green Save button that appears in the lower right corner after a change has been made.
- Now go to Timeline and click to open the inspection of interest—a report is indicated by a magnifying glass icon.
- In the Report Preview that opens, scroll down to see buttons arranged vertically at lower right. Click on Share button, which is shaped like a curved arrow.
- Select Change Property.
- Select the correct property name from the drop-down list and click Change Property.
- Click Save.
CAUTION: The Change Property Name for an Activity feature performs 1-to-1 mapping. This means, for example, that the conditions, photos, and comments for Bedroom 2 will be assigned to Bedroom 2 for the new property regardless of the Bedroom 2 Description. If Bedroom 2 was inspected in the inspection for the original property but no Bedroom 2 Area exists in the destination property record, that Area information would be lost during the mapping process. If, during the Change Property process, you receive a warning that an area is missing from the destination property, add that area to the destination property (click View/Edit Areas for that property on the Properties list), then retry the Change Property tool. When you click Change Property Name, a copy of the original inspection showing the original property name will be emailed to you for a future reference.
The video here covers the general process, which is shown using an older version of the website. The functionality remains much the same.