zInspector has just released a much-requested update to improve the viewing of inspection photos, videos, and 360s. You can now easily view the media gathered during an inspection in a convenient gallery-style view.
In Timeline, click to open any inspection report (icon below) that contains media.
Within the opened report preview, click on an Image, Video, or 360 Viewer link just below any piece of media to open it in the new Report Gallery view.Note the following features:
- Carousel navigation: click the left or right arrows at the sides of the window to move through the report’s inspection media smoothly and easily.
- Direct select: Click the Expand tab at the bottom of the window to show a filmstrip of gallery media, and click on any thumbnail to open it.
- Advanced viewing: Zoom in and out or enter full screen mode by pressing the appropriate button at upper left for images (or at upper right for 360 photos).
- Area search: Select an area from the Filter Area dropdown menu at upper right to show only inspection photos for that area.
- Quick Return: Go back to report preview by clicking Report at the upper right corner of Gallery view.
Note: At this time, only media currently included within an inspection report is viewable in gallery mode.
Pro Tip: In tandem with updated persistent (“sticky”) span and photo inclusion/exclusion settings (info on that update here), inspection report photos are easier than ever to customize for a specific purpose or recipient.
Questions? Let us know!