Area Descriptions are necessary to differentiate any multiple rooms of the same type, such as Bedrooms and Bathrooms. Then, every inspector, tenant, and property owner knows which area is being referred to on a given property.
Typically, when your inspector first does a Move Out, they will enter these values on the zInspector app. Then, they will become “sticky” and will automatically show up for future inspections.
However, you can save valuable time, and instead of adding an Area Description to each property individually, add them in bulk with the versatile Data tool on the zInspector website.
The new information will sync with the zInspector app, and will become available to all users and all devices for future inspections. This tool is especially useful for users who have a large property portfolio or users who have acquired a new group of properties.
Note: This action is available exclusively to Admin users on the Properties Admin Page via Properties > Admin Page.
Follow these steps to save valuable time:
- On the zInspector website, go to Properties > Admin Page.
- Checkmark multiple properties individually at left – OR- search and/or filter as needed to show only the relevant properties then checkmark the box at the upper left to select all.
- The blue Data button will be activated: click on it and select Area Desc from the dropdown.
- Type in descriptions of the areas in the Bulk Areas Edit section.
- Toggle On: Overwrite Existing Area Descriptions button, if you wish to overwrite any descriptions that have been previously added. Otherwise, keep it off.
- Repeat and Save or Save and Close. You’ll be asked to confirm the changes since after being saved, they can’t be undone.Warning Message: Saving these changes will overwrite the Area Descriptions for all selected properties and previously submitted inspections where Area Descriptions have not already been provided. While you can make further changes after saving, note that the current changes, once saved, cannot simply be undone. For future reference, the area descriptions would need to be changed on each property one by one.
To learn about Area numbers, sorts and descriptions, please review this article.
Questions? Email us any time at firstname.lastname@example.org