1. On the zInspector website: Go to Settings –> Admin Settings –> Smart Comments.
2. Click Insert, and add the following lines to create three new report titles before clicking Publish / Save.
- z:[[ Report Title | Inspection | [Inspection] ]]
- z:[[ Report Title | Annual Inspection | [Inspection] ]]
- z:[[ Report Title | New Property Setup | [Inspection] ]]
3. Now go to Settings –> Admin Settings –> Report Settings.
5. Perform a new Inspection or resume a paused one: In the mobile app, tap Property Management Inspection.
- For a new Inspection: Select a Property/Unit from the drop-down, and Tap Inspection.
- For a paused Inspection: Tap Inspections in Progress, and tap Resume.
Important Note: You can create four basic report types in Property Management Inspection mode—Pre-Inspection, Move In, Move Out, and Inspection—but only the latter report (Inspection) can be given a custom title.
6. After completing the inspection, noting conditions, adding photos and notes, and entering any additional comments, press Continue.
7. On the final screen, notice the Custom Inspection Title drop-down menu. Any custom titles added previously will be available here. Select one from the drop-down, make any additional changes on this screen, and click Final / Submit. The report with custom title will be submitted by PDF to the default and additional recipients (if any) and be available to view and download on the website.
Where are the custom report titles? If you do not see the Custom Inspection Title drop-down menu, one of the following is likely:
- Your Admin user has not created and saved the custom title(s) properly or has not enabled Replace Header Title in Settings.
- Changes to Smart Comments have not yet synced to your device: sync between the website and app occurs hourly, upon app startup, and any time you tap Synced on the app screen.
- You are finalizing a report type (Pre-Inspection, Move In, or Move Out) that cannot be given a custom title.
Need a single-use custom report title? Follow the guide above then simply return to the Smart Comments settings and delete the previously added custom title. Just remember to click Publish / Save before closing the page.
Need to change the title of a previously submitted report? Go here.