Admin users can customize Areas and Details beyond the standard zInspector defaults.
Default Areas and Details
To set default areas and area details for subsequently added properties, go to Settings in the menu bar and select Area Details.
Here you can specify those areas to be included by default for a specific property type (single-family or multi-unit) by enabling the toggles at right. You can also add, remove, or change any area’s default details by click the Edit (pencil) icon for that area at left. Keep in mind that these defaults apply only to subsequently created properties and subsequently added areas to existing properties.
To customize the areas for a specific property beyond the defaults you can do one of the following:
- On the website Properties list, click View/Edit Areas for any property and add/remove areas as needed.
- In the app, specify a Property/Unit then tap Edit Areas and add/remove areas as needed.
- In the app, during a condition-based inspection, tap Edit Areas in the template heading and add/remove areas as needed.
Tip: When performing an inspection of a property for which changes to areas was very recently made on the website, be sure to sync the app to make sure your inspection template reflects these very recent changes. To do so, simply tap the Sync icon in the app’s toolbar (see image below).
Adding Areas or Area Descriptions in Bulk
For previously created properties, you may sometimes want to add an area or edit an Area Description for more than one property at a time.
Go to the Admin Properties list.
Checkmark multiple properties (at left).
Click on the Data dropdown and either:
- click on +New Area to add a specific new area to all selected properties.
- click on Area Desc to add/edit the Area Description for the specified area(s) present on all selected properties.