Dotloop is a transactional tool primarily used by real estate professionals; property managers and contractors do not generally need to use Dotloop in conjunction with zInspector.
For those existing Dotloop users who want their zInspector reports to integrate automatically, setup is easy.
The video below specifically discusses zInspector/Dotloop integration. The same general procedure—namely, adding an email recipient to a property—can be used to auto-send a copy of every newly generated report for a specific property to any designated email address for that property. See the Important Tip (bottom of page) for more on this.
Note: Dotloop treats each property individually and generates a unique (and very long) email address for each one. During this integration process, the user assigns each Dotloop-generated email address to its corresponding property in zInspector. Thereafter, reports are auto-sent to Dotloop automatically. Whenever a new property is added to the the user’s portfolio, the process should be performed for that property.
1. On your Dotloop homepage, select the Loop for the Property to which you’d like zInspector to auto-send reports (e.g., “47 Stonebrook”).
2. Under Add Documents, click Add From…Email. The property-specific email address generated by Dotloop will be automatically copied to your clipboard. You can also manually highlight and copy (Ctrl+C in Windows, Command+C on Mac, or right-click + Copy email address with mouse) if needed.
3. On the zInspector website, go to Admin Settings, and select Property Tabs.
Note: If you lack Admin privileges, ask an Admin user in your group to perform the above steps 3 and 4 before continuing.
5. Go to the zInspector Properties menu and select the Custom tab of the Property List.
6. Find the relevant property (e.g., “47 Stonebrook”)—use the Property Name search field to make it easy—and click Edit (at left) for that property.
7. In the Edit Property window, paste the previously copied Dotloop email address into the Property Report Emails field. (To paste, press Ctrl+V in Windows, Command+V on Mac, or right-click + Paste with a mouse). Don’t forget to click Save Changes.
Important Tip: Feel free to enter additional email addresses, separated by commas, into the Property Report Emails field for any property: all reports generated for that property will thereafter auto-send to all specified recipients. For instance, if a property’s owners have asked you, the property manager, to keep them in the loop on all inspections, this is a very easy way to comply.